Senior Cloud Architect/Linux/AWS/Docker/Python/Jenkins/ Kubernetes/San Carlos
Located in San Carlos, this exciting company is involved in a cloud-based platform for real time collaboration. This allows and makes it easier for individuals and teams to create, interact and share content. This role really focuses on new infrastructure, and is both hands on work, as well as directing a team. In this position, you will be working on a new infrastructure and responsible for systems and application services.
This role reports to the Director of Cloud Operations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Four years technology degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 4+ years of combined experience working in a modern SaaS DevOps or related environment.
- Solid knowledge of architecture concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of architecture design patterns, e.g. immutable production, fail fast, stateless etc.
- Experience in architecture, implementation planning and project management of infrastructure for SaaS applications in a large scale environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of as many of the following technologies and areas as possible:
- Systems- Linux, Unix, Docker, OpenShift and open source software
- Working knowledge of Python and Shell
- CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Logging tools such as Splunk, ELK stack, etc.
- Virtualization / Cloud technologies- Strong working knowledge of AWS with a good understanding of other technologies like OpenStack, OpenShift, Google Cloud.
- Using source code control systems such as git (or similar)
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Monitoring, trending and diagnostics tools
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to prioritize & balance activity between projects for longer-term impact –and- immediate production critical requirements with a customer focus.
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment essential.
- Ability to take on-call escalation rotation & co-ordinate work under production critical situations is essential.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and manage consistent and coherent DevOps processes and practices to support software development, testing, builds and deployment.
- Guide and develop infrastructure & tools architecture design to enable high uptime, minimize failures, ensure applications & data security and expedite diagnostics.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve complex technology issues efficiently in live production environment and drive to quick resolutions – as well as – leverage those events to improve current technology & processes towards prevention of such issues.
- Work closely with the Engineering teams to escalate and/or triage issues to resolution.
- Review tickets and diagnostics with post-mortem to identify trends/chronic issues.
- Hands-on implementation & upgrade of tools for monitoring, trending & diagnostics.
- Audit proactive monitoring of all systems to detect and resolve problems to ensure uninterrupted operation of all infrastructure systems.
- Update corresponding documentation on installation process & configurations.
- Automate, Automate, Automate everything.
- Competitive Salary up to $190K DOE
- Flexible hours
- Full health benefits
- 401k with matching plan
- Paid Time Off
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.