Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer / Polyglot
Trying to get your life back in order after a car accident can be time consuming, frustrating and nothing short of a hard time. You could work on a SaaS to help ease this process and expedite car accident quotes. A hot DC start up is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join their team. They can pay up to $150K, DOE.
You would be working on a web application that helps individuals involved in accidents easily access claims and quotes through their insurance providers across the nation. You’d be working in Ruby on Rails and contribute to architecture, to strategy and decision making. You'll solve interesting and challenging problems and play an important role in pioneering the way for this SaaS product to be a national leader in car accident claims.
Required Skills & Experience
- The optimal candidate will have a BS in Computer Science or similar experience.
- At least four years of professional work experience
- 3+ years of using Ruby on Rails in a professional environment
- Experience building APIs
- Understand scalability challenges and performance of server code
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience building applications in React and Redux or similar front-end framework
- Knowledge of design patterns for front-end applications
- Experience developing web applications accessible across multiple devices and platforms
What You Will Be Doing
- 85% Back-End | 15% Front-End
- 70% Coding | 30% Architecture
- 75% New | 25% Maintenance
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Additional 3 weeks of PTO
- 12 paid holidays
- Flexible hours
- Free onsite parking (or Metro benefits)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee and a Kegerator!
- Company Happy Hour twice a month
- Free Time to Develop
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.