eCommerce company located in Redwood City, are urgently looking to hire a Data Engineer. You will be working on improving the overall performance of the site, as well retrieving search info and working on database schemas. Generally they are looking for someone who is a good problem solver as everyone on the team wears a lot of hats so you will be doing a bit of everything.
The entire engineering team is about 35 people with about 15 people on the back end. The office space is very laid back with lots of fun decor to inspire creativity. Having strong communication skills is a must as you will be collaborating with the team daily.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience with an object oriented language
- Strong computer science background
- Strong experience with SQL
- eCommerce experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields
Desired Skills & Experience
- Spring or Hibernate
- Experience with Big Data technologies
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Language of choice
- 30% SQL
- 20% Framework of choice
- 100% Hands on
- Working on their servers
- Collaborating with the team
- Improving website performance
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Dental/Health PPO HMO
- Onsite cafeteria and gym (with rock wall!)
- Catered lunches every Wednesday and Friday
- Employee sales up to 70% off merchandise several times a year.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients