Mid-Level Golang Engineer | Downtown Dallas | $100k
This company is not your typical insurance company. They have completely re-imagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use, but deliver on their mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
As a Golang Engineer you will lead development on new features and technical improvements for their products. You will work with a team of front end and back end engineers. You will be break down stories in to tasks and collaborate with others on the appropriate technical implementation. The software engineers are great teammates. You are willing to collaborate with other software engineers, product managers and designers. You also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of back end software development experience
- Professional experience with Python 3; Experience with Flask a plus
- Professional experience with a relational database like PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
Desired Skills & Experience
- Awareness of AWS product offerings and deployment mechanisms.
- Understanding of software development processes and methods including Agile/Lean values and principles.
- Experience with some of the following: Distributed Computing, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Platform Development, Networking, System Design, and/or Web Development
What You Will Be Doing
- We might be small but we've got big ambitions. Folks joining the team will be defining our software engineering culture. You are someone that strives to build a premier engineering organization.
- Measure test coverage and gradually improve the metrics
- Leave code in a better place than it was when you started
- Encourage automation and continuous improvement
- A&D- 50% Coding- 50%
- New- 75% Maintenance- 25%
- Front End- 80% Back End- 25%
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.