Software Engineering Manager | Downtown Dallas | $150k
This company is not your typical insurance company. They have completely reimagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use, but deliver on their mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
They are looking for an Engineering Manager that thrives on building valuable technical projects – ensuring that their software conforms with meaningful non-functional concerns while meeting a high-quality standard.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with both dynamic languages (Python preferred)
- Experience with strongly-typed languages (Go preferred)
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and columnar databases (BigQuery preferred)
- Experience with Cloud Hosting providers (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
Desired Skills & Experience
- Awareness of AWS product offerings and deployment mechanisms.
- Experience managing a team (Startup-Mid level size)
- Understanding of software development processes and methods including Agile/Lean values and principles.
- Experience with some of the following: Distributed Computing, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Platform Development, Networking, System Design, and/or Web Development
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage team of high skilled engineers in the Dallas market
- Collaborate with team and product in Austin, TX
- Partner with business leaders to define priorities and deliver custom solutions
- You are first and foremost a people manager.
- You accomplish business goals by strengthening your team and motivating/retaining those already here.
- You are successful when your team is fully staffed and equipped with the right skills.
- A&D- 50% Coding- 50%
- New- 75% Maintenance- 25%
- Front End- 80% Back End- 25%
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.