Data Engineer / Java, Scala
An Internet company in Dallas, Texas that created the largest end-to-end content monetization platform is looking for a Data Engineer to join their Data Engineering team. The company has made a tangible impact on global e-commerce sales and drove more than $1 billion into retail sales using their ready-to-shop mobile content platform.
The Data Engineer will be an integral part to the Data Engineering team and help build delivery services that support the operational and analytical applications for business operations, customers, and partners. They need someone with experience using Java, Scala, Python, and Big Data tools such as Spark or Hive. If you’re a passionate developer looking to tackle challenging problems on a large scale – this is the job for you!
Required Skills & Experience
- Professional experience programming in Java, Scala, and Python
- Knowledge of Big Data tools such as – Spark or Hive
- Experience using NoSQL and SQL Databases – Cassandra or Postgres
- Experience with Cloud technologies – AWS preferred or Azure
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of or experience working in a retail domain
- Passion towards building data solutions
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% New Development, 40% Maintenance
- 50% Front-End, 50% Back-End
- 40% Coding, 60% Architecture/Design Responsibilities
- 100% Hands On
- 0% Management Duties
- 70% Team Collaboration, 30% Individual Contribution
- Competitive Salary: Up to $115K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Free snacks all day!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.