Engineering Manager / Python
An well established entertainment company with over 50 years in New York City is hiring an Engineering Manager to join their team. Their web technology provides a career platform for performing musicians and bands to schedule their gigs. This platform is responsible for booking some of the most well known music festivals in the US including SXSW (South by Southwest) and Bonnaroo.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for a combination of hands-on engineering work in addition to project, people and performance management. Their upcoming projects include feature additions to all the consumer facing work including a suite of online payment and booking tools that help promoters, agents, musicians and event owners connect. This organization is owned by a larger company who is a dominant force in the music and acting/entertainment space. Their platforms and online suite reach over 1.5 million entertainment industry professionals.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 - 5 years of Python web application development experience
- At least 1-2 years of experience leading or managing a team of 3+ engineers
- Experience creating and maintaining large scale public facing websites in a smaller, startup-type environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science preferred but not required
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Python
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Management
- Competitive Salary: Up to $190k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health (3 options), dental (2 options), and vision insurance
- Work remote/telecommute 1 day a week
- Retirement savings plan – 6% employer match
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Education assistance & fitness stipend
- Ten Paid Holidays, Fifteen PTO Days – Vacations and holidays are encouraged to recharge
- Free catered lunch, snacks, and beverages
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.