Big Data Engineers - Intelligence Platform (Spark) - All Levels
***This position is open to all levels mid through principal including Software Engineer II, Sr. Software Engineer, Staff Software Engineer, and Principal Engineer.
"Intelligence Platform" team in downtown SF that builds the distributed systems and data processing engine that powers a global brand's gaming platform is looking to hire five Sr. Data Software Engineers to work on their next-gen platform.
This platform will be used on their fifth generation product - powering personalized content like images, game recommendations, interface, etc. that will differ from user to user.
You will work in Java and gain experience with Golang. The team uses Kafka and Spark and works on extremely high scale systems. It's 100% AWS cloud based, using Docker and Kubernetes for automated deployments.
The office is located in downtown San Francisco, and this is a contract-to-hire position in which you will work as a non-exempt hourly employee full-time at their office. This will last roughly six months depending on head count before converting directly to permanent. The reason for this onboarding is due to speed and number of people needed right now versus the number that head count allocated for at the beginning of the year.
This team has a high bar and are bringing this person on-board as if they were a direct employee.
You will have full medical and dental benefits with UnitedHealthcare, potential for overtime or double-time pay rate, and other benefits like commuter and paid sick time.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Java
- Experience working in AWS cloud environment
- Experience building high-scale, distributed systems for data processing or another ML application
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communication and ability to work closely with product team
- Work in team environment
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java
- 100% cloud-based in AWS
- Brand-name company in downtown San Francisco
- Converting to full-time with 30-45% annual bonus paid out bi-annually with 401k match
- Extremely competitive total cash compensation
- Work on a well-known, household name gaming and entertainment platform