Senior Data Engineer / ChatBot AI Product
Venture-backed startup in the heart of the Financial District (with rooftop looking out to TransAmerica tower!) is hiring a Sr. or Staff Data Engineer to work alongside the existing Staff Engineer. This person should want to work in a startup environment where they will have complete ownership over the data platform. This person will also work in an infrastructure-as-code environment in which they made need to where multiple hats – including helping the team with their cloud environment.
The primary responsibility will be to build out the Spark streaming pipelines for high speed data transfer. The product hits 40K events per minute at its peak right now, and this person will be building the distributed data processing systems to support that volume longer-term as the company grows.
This is a tight knit team in which you will work with six other engineers that have their focus but do collaborate in a team environment. The office environment is spacious and quiet to work, but the entire main floor and roof deck on the third floor have social areas in which to meet clients and interact with others. While it’s an open environment where there are desks, there is ample room to focus in different areas unlike many tech startups in the Bay Area.
This is burgeoning space and a leader in the chat bot space. This position will include base salary and equity in the company. This startup is well funded by Microsoft and even a few high-profile celebrities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Build and manage data platform with Spark
- Assist in managing infrastructure with an infrastructure as code mindset
- Ability to work in growing startup
- Advise and implement best practices with small engineering organization
- Collaborate in a team setting with strong communication skills
- Code in Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, or similar language
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
- Cloud environment
- 100% hands-on – building data platform from scratch
- Team collaboration required in startup environment
- Competitive base salary: Up to $190K, DOE
- Strong equity package
- Fun team that enjoys group outings and company outings
- Benefits, startup perks, modern tech – typical benefits of a Silicon Valley startup
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.