Senior Scala Engineer / Payments
A San Francisco based cloud monetization platform is hiring a Senior Scala Engineer to build microservices for their payments platforms and can pay $150,000/year for the right person.
This company has a payment platform for subscription based businesses to allow larger companies to implement billing and invoicing solutions quickly and efficiently. This allows their clients to implement different deals and bundling packages and provides an automatic tracking system that keeps track of their billing and invoicing. They have a few very large enterprise clients and are looking for someone who has at least 5 years of experience with Scala and Akka, preferably in a similar environment working with an Oracle database.
You would work closely with other engineers, QA, and operations to implement new features and enhance existing ones. This is a role for someone who is local to San Francisco. No sponsorship or C2C is available for this role.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with Scala and Akka
- 5+ years of experience working with relational or (preferred) non-relational databases
- B.S. or M.S. in C.S. or equivalent
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with distributed systems design and implementation
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in a cloud-based environment, Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- Any exposure to languages such as Golang, Clojure, Haskell, or similar
- Experience in a startup environment
- 100% hands-on engineering role
- 20% design and architecture
- 80% implementation
- Team collaboration - effective communication required
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.