Big Data Engineer
A social and environmental focused non-profit in Washington, DC is adding a data engineer to their team! This company specializes in open data and open technology and builds tools that derive useful insights from complex data. Their data products analyze massive streaming data sets to help organizations be better equipped for events like elections, refugee crises and natural disasters. This person will create new patterns to manage, process, and distribute earth data – you will enable earth scientists to work smarter and faster at tracking a changing planet at scale and to deliver those insights directly to policymakers and citizens. The ideal engineer for this role will leverage their skills building quality data processing and manipulation tools on the cloud. Familiarity with Docker and Amazon Web Services are required, and familiarity with other cloud providers are also valuable.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 5+ years experience with Open Source Development or Data Engineering
- Experience using Big Data tools like Kafka and Spark
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Familiarity with Docker
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands on
- Reporting to the Data Engineering Manager
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Incentive stock options
- A full range of health, dental and vision benefits starting day one
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)”
- 10+ paid holiday days per year
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.