This company delivers commercial-quality, cloud-based software application and platform services to global, non-profit research communities, as a sustainable, non-profit business.
Run like a startup, they develop, operate, and sell commercial-quality, cloud-based software application and platform services used by 10s of thousands of researchers to manage their large–and growing–data management challenges.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another relevant computer related field, or at least six years of professional programming experience required
- Advanced degree in computer science or another relevant computer related field preferred
- Experience with Web security technologies (e.g. SSL/TLS, OAuth2, OpenID Connect and PKI)
- Experience with HTTP servers (e.g., Apache, NGINX)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience contributing to an open source project
- Experience with shell scripting (e.g., Bash)
- Experience with Agile (e.g. Scrum) development processes
- Experience in Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Exposure to fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to use standard software development applications and tools
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Attention to detail
- Confidentiality related to sensitive University matters such as, strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which will include occasional late night and/or weekend hours
- Competitive Pay: Up to $60/hour, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.