Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer / Architect
Are you looking for a strong team of brilliant Ruby engineers working next to you to solve extremely strong problems involving analytics? Would you like to be a member of an organization where each employee can impact technical process and culture? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you to challenge yourself and tackle complex problems within a large data set. This position is for a full stack engineer primarily working within Ruby.
Join a tech-centric company who is building an application to scale into a fortune 500 scale client base over the next 2 years. You’ll be part of an organization experienced significant growth as many top organizations flock to their platform. In this role you’ll work as senior engineer with a ton of responsibility but you’ll also enjoy the flexibility that comes with it. The team culture is built on trust, accountability, and transparency.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Object Oriented Development with 1 or multiple languages
- 1+ years of professional working experience developing in Ruby on Rails.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MySQL, PostGres, MS SQL, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns
- Excitement and understanding of start-up style culture
- Experience working within small team environments with a great deal of autonomy
- Professional experience with dynamic languages and agile methodologies
- Ability to work in large ever-expanding data sets
- Experience with the following or similar tech stack: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch
Desired Skills & Experience
- Huge plus for experience working with ElasticSearch (the more knowledge the better)
- Experience with test-driven development and distributed systems
- Working knowledge working in a cloud based environment (AWS)
- Experience with the full ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kabana)
What You Will Be Doing
- 20% Front-End
- 40% Middle Tier
- 40% Back-end
- 80% Development
- 20% Architecture
- Full-stack software design and development
- Data modeling and querying at scale in MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Prioritize to ensure delivery of high quality software as quickly as possible
- Competitive Salary: 120-160k
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Equity options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.