Head of Analytics
An insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States is looking to grow their Philadelphia team. Currently seeking a proven insurance leader with deep knowledge of commercial lines, data strategy, analytics, and state of the art data science technology for their Head of Analytics role. This position offers the opportunity to build a data driven decision making culture and to define strategy for use of both basic and advanced analytics including artificial intelligence (machine learning and deep learning) to produce quality analytics and predictive modeling to support decisions and further their goals.
As the Head of Analytics, you will organize and lead the analytics center. Working with business and IT to contribute to decisions made about information value, quality and reliability. Building a team of data scientists, wranglers, munchers, etc. either at corporate or in shared service areas. This is a great opportunity for those who have the hands-on experience and want to lead a team of data scientists.
Required Skills & Experience
- 15+ years in data science and analytic leadership position
- Knowledge/experience working in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Deep Learning environment
- Actuarial Science (FCAS)
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Proven data literacy - ability to describe business use case/outcomes, data sources and management concepts.
- Complex project management and change management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to explain complex technical subjects to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists, be able to sell ideas and processes to all levels
- Proven record of leadership including ability to balance team and individual responsibilities: building teams and consensus, getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision
- Insurance experience: Commercial and Personal P&C Insurance and Reinsurance (CPCU) (admitted and E&S)
- Technology/Tools/Algorithms: R, Python, H20,SAS,Random Forest, GLM, Gradient Boosting, Regularized regression, Word2Vec, Hadoop, Hive, SQL, ETL processes, Docker, Kubernetes
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Hands on
- 50% Management
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health insurance- 100% coverage after deductible
- 4 weeks’ Vacation
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours
- 401K match
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.