A unique and innovative online dating service provider that serves English-speaking Asian singles living in the US is hiring an Android Developer to join their Manhattan team of innovative and friendly individuals who are redefining the rules of Asian dating. Dedicated to bringing highly efficient and safer dating experiences to our niche society, they are currently looking for a Software Engineer with Android (Java + Kotlin) experience to join a growing team that shares enthusiasm for taking on today’s toughest challenges in online dating.
As an Android developer, you’ll be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is important.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associate or BA degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience
- Deep technical background coding in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with software engineering practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, designers, and backend engineers
- Ability to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- A dedicated and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience with Git
- Competitive Salary: Up to $95K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.