Java Technical Architect
A software platform company in the North Dallas area is looking to add an impactful Technical Lead to join their growing engineering team. The team is focusing on the SaaS platform and will require the individual to be minimally 50% hands-on in coding. However, the role will also require responsibilities surrounding leadership in several areas.
This is a role that will be extremely influential and provide the opportunity to partner with an Engineering Manager and Engineering Director that is a servant-leader and allows for innovative and advanced approaches towards overall goal execution.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years’ experience designing, building, and maintaining modern software development in a JAVA/Spring/AWS acosystem
- Experience architecting web applications across high availability cloud environments
- Strong understanding of Postgres/MySQL
- Experience configuring and managing CI tools (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence etc)
- Strong understanding of Linux systems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Mentoring a team and bringing them up to speed on new languages and skills. We all learn from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you’ll bring to the table, you’ll be an invaluable teacher to your less-experienced peers.
- Thinking big and acting fast. You’ll need a startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major tech strategies.
- Influencing priorities, for both the team and the business. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary.
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Back-End/Server-Side Development
- 10% Client-Side influence/direction/advise
- 50-60% Hands On
- 40-50% Leadership Duties
- 50% Team Collaboration
- 50% Individual Contributions
- Competitive Salary: Up to 125K-135K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career and skill development opportunities
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.