Senior/Lead Engineer / Node.js / Contract to Hire (6-12 months)/North Dallas/Generous remote option
*DALLAS/FORT WORTH TALENT*
This company is a global commerce services company. They combine business strategy, experience design and technology to help leading B2C and B2B organizations deliver exceptional commerce solutions worldwide.
They are looking for a Node.js expert responsible for developing a set of APIs that will act as a middleware environment sharing data between multiple REST APIs in an eCommerce environment. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of core application and connected databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- +++ PHP, Magento, Docker +++
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages ...
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors ...
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with SaaS eCommerce platforms such as BigCommerce / Shopify
- Hands on experience with developing 3rd party marketplace applications for SaaS platforms
- Development experience within a cloud hosted Docker environment
- Previous experience developing (from scratch) HTTP API clients in Node.js
- Stencil SDK (BigCommerce) experience a plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, and other RDBMS
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.