Senior Linux Support Engineer
System Reliability Engineer / Support
An amazing startup in the Silicon Valley is looking for a well-rounded Systems Reliability Engineer who has a passion for working on complex systems and helping customers. The right candidate for this position will have good communication as well as technical skills and will work hard to maximize customer satisfaction. The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a rapidly growing environment is important.
The Ideal candidate for this role will be well versed in system administration and have excellent communication skills in order to excel in both the technical and customer facing aspects of this positon. This person must be driven and eager to learn and grow in a startup environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with cloud. (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, etc)
- Experience with distributed systems, databases and performance analysis.
- Linux system administration.
- Excellent scripting skills for debug and automation
- Bash (Python a plus)
- Server hardware troubleshooting is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent technical degree).
- Write tools and scripts to solve customer issues or improve support infrastructure
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose customer issues and drive them to closure.
- Monitor health of customer implementations to make sure the application and associated services are always available.
- Actively contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.
- Drive product improvements with development engineering team based on feedback from customers and learnings from the field.
- Work with Sales and Customer Success teams to drive product adoption and customer success.
- Be available on support 24/7 on a rotational basis.
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% System Reliability
- 50% Customer facing
- Breakdown may change depending on the client.
- Competitive pay up to 150k DOE
Benefits and Perks
- Full-Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Health)
- Sick days