Lead Web Application Developer
The country's top education startups, in over 90% of schools and over 10+ million users across 50 states and 52 total countries world-wide, and they are seeking a Lead Web App Developer to join their team in their sunny Chelsea office!
The platform publishes news and educational articles at different literacy levels, so students can learn and teachers can teach on a much more individualized basis using the backend system to help parents and teachers track progress! Their reading and news platform is helping children everywhere, and they recently came out with a Spanish language version to cater to a wider audience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Over 6 years of professional web application development experience.
- At least 1 year of leadership experience (any of people management, process management, or technical direction).
- Demonstrated contributions to complex, high-traffic, performance-optimized web applications.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in education.
- An eye for interaction design, user experience, and finishing touches.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead a small, successful team of engineers who make sure our students and teachers have access to the best possible content for their classrooms.
- Write thoughtful, literate code and build the skills of those around you.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to translate business goals into concrete tasks.
- Maintain a technical roadmap and a stable backlog of meaningful work.
- Handle often competing priorities through good time management and communication.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.