A leading Financial Technology company in Glendale looking to bring on a Data Engineer as they continue to expand their team. A strong candidate has a seasoned background building ETL pipelines, python scripting and in depth knowledge of AWS. You will be responsible for creating and modeling data lakes by leveraging the existing AWS cloud to its full potential. You will be a part of a small team and must be able to collaborate as well as be self-motivated and a self-starter.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on development with Hadoop environments
- 4+ years of modern programming language experience (Java, Scala, Spark)
- 4+ years with RESTful APIs & MySQL
- Experience with big data ecosystems (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, YARN or Zookeeper)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with bash scripts
- Experience in a collaborative work environment
- Experience with design and architecture
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Scripting
- 40% Creating ETL pipelines
- 20% AWS
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Dog Friendly Office
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive Benefits package
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.