Mid-Level Data Engineer
A software product company in Reston is hiring a hydbrid Software/Data Engineer to contribute to building their revolutionary Market Research platform. This engineer will be working with the latest and greatest technologies (Spring Boot, Ember.js, DynamoDB, AWS, S3, etc.) in a startup environment and be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of their flagship marketing analytics product that enables companies to increase their brand awareness, customer relationships, and most importantly sales. An ideal candidate for this position will a few years of experience working with Java and Spring, but is looking to migrate into a more data-heady position, rather than just sticking to application development. Additionally, the company has been voted consecutively as one of the fastest growing private companies and best places to work by the Washington Post, Fortune, and other highly regarded publications.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in backend development
- Strong Java skills
- Strong Spring and SpringBoot experience
- Previous experience leading a team of developers
- Experience with AWS or building software within an AWS environment
- Experience with Docker and running Docker unit testing is a huge plus
- Some experience with Kafka or Spark are plus skills
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Extensive experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% Data Engineering
- 25% Backend (Java+MySQL) Development
- 100% hands on development
- Competitive Salary: Up to $125k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.