Senior Data Engineer - Scala/Kafka Streams
Successful start-up in San Francisco is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer for their Big Data team. This person should ideally have experience with Scala, as he or she will be coding in Scala on a daily basis, but the manager is open to seeing people with strong Java experience and coding fundamentals.
This person will work alongside one infrastructure automation engineer and a Platform Services team. The technology stack is Scala, Python, Golang, Spark (legacy jobs), and Kafka Streams deployed on AWS.
This person will build real-time ingestion pipelines that process 10-11K events per second at peak moments.
The product is used to calculate ROI of online advertising using anonymous sensor and WiFi data. The startup has paying customers as large as Pete’s in the Bay Area and Anheuser-Bush worldwide.
The manager has an awesome personality and strong communication. He will consider REMOTE and has a set work from home schedule for candidates commuting over 45 minutes. Their office is located on the ground level looking out on a park setting with restaurants, bars, and coffee shops in the building.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in Scala – or at least eight years of professional data engineering and development work in Java, Python, or Golang with a CS degree
- Experience scaling data systems
- Experience with Kafka or similar MQ messaging technologies
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional development experience with Scala
- Experience developing Spark jobs
- Experience with Kafka and Kafka Streams
What You Will Be Doing
- Scala*, Python, Golang
- AWS – EMR and big data offerings
- Kafka / Kafka Streams
- 80% hands-on
- 10% technical leadership
- 10% team collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $220K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Strong medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Potential to work from home or 100% remotely based on situation
- Competitive salary, high growth start-up
- Work with great technologies and great engineers
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.