Senior Ruby Developer | $120k+ | Dallas/Fort Worth |
This company is always hiring smart and innovative software engineers for its Application Development Team. This is your opportunity to join a closely-knit team of open source programmers with mixed backgrounds and skill sets.
This company is a leader in localized programmatic solutions. Trade desks, networks, local media groups, agencies, and multi-location brands leverage this company’s superior performance, customizable audiences, and efficient delivery models to drive higher ROI in their digital businesses.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of Web Development work part of which is using some sort of server side language and MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.
- Strong OOP / OOD skills. Enjoys writing clean, dry code. Might know a design pattern or two.
- TDD or some background in writing automated unit and integration tests
- Relational Databases and SQL
- Good communication skills and plays well with others
- A ravenous curiosity
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails—our primary development platform. We don’t require you to already know it, but you’ll have to become comfortable with Ruby and Rails.
- Angular JS
- Redis or other NoSQL solutions
- Resque or similar background processing frameworks
- Concurrency / Multi-threading
- TDD/ BDD, RSpec, Jasmine
- Design Patterns / Domain Driven Design
- Functional Programming languages, especially Elixir or Erlang.
- Development in any other languages
What You Will Be Doing
- Python, Java, R, Cojure, C/C++
- 70% Full Stack development and hands-on coding
- 15% Testing
- 15% Collaboration with project management on design
- Full Time / Full Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Laid-back / Collaborative environment
- Work from Home Options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.