Senior Data Engineer
A financial services company based in Marina del Rey is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their expanding team. This company offers socially-conscious and sustainable banking services and investment products, so customers can make money while making the world a better place. Your specific role will be to work with the Data Lake through a Hadoop ecosystem to organize requested data and pipeline that data to the Data Scientist team. The ideal candidate has familiarity with SQL, ETL, Tableau, Java, C#, Bash, Elastic MapReduce and AWS.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience with SQL
- 4+ years experience in ETL concepts/technologies
- Scripting experience with Python and/or Java
- Agile environment experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience building and extending scalable and modern data analytical environment in a small team
- Experience with real-time data capture, processing and storing using technologies like Kafka, AWS Kinesis or Azure Event Hubs is a big plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% ETL Pipelines
- 40% Scripting
- 20% AWS
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.