Staff Software Engineer - Java/Go/Scala
Founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media and powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce, my client believes that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why they created the first HR platform employees love to use.
Serving companies in just about every industry and state nationwide, they they love mid-sized companies because just like them they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees.
Engineers bring this mission to life one technological achievement at a time. They are scaling their architecture by migrating from a monolith to microservices, leveling up their platform by enhancing their test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance and are moving towards an API driven architecture that is powered by gRPC-based services. They are language agnostic and aim to hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on challenges and make an impact.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience designing, building, shipping and maintaining distributed web applications and services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluent in one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Analytical and can identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- Knowledge of relational databases and schema design principles
- SOLID Design Principles
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design create and own high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Evolve our systems through solid architectural design and driving best practices through code review
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers across our organization
- Work on a cross-functional team(s), partnering across engineering, product, design, and business functions
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.