Senior DevOps Engineer
A leading education-based SaaS provider based in Cambridge is looking to build out their DevOps Team as they look to launch a new product and platform in the coming school year. The DevOps Engineer will join a team of 20 talented engineers working to automate, scale and support a highly–available and complex infrastructure within a MEAN stack development environment. The ideal DevOps Engineer will have a strong background in systems administration in a virtualized cloud environment, a knack for automation, an understanding of the SDLC, strong scripting skills, and the ability to work well within an organization structured for DevOps.
- Experience within a large Linux-based server environment (CentOS, Red Hat)
- Experience in a cloud environment (AWS, Openstack, Softlayer, etc)
- Strong understanding and ability for automation using Configuration Mgmt tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc)
- Experience scripting in Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby or Bash.
- Experience working in a MEAN stack environment (Supporting Node.js applications)
- Understanding of continuous integration (Exposure to Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a large-scale environment (infra consists of 1500+ servers and over 15 petabytes of data!)
- Experience with AngularJS, Node.js, MongoDB
Experience Hadoop, MariaDB, Cassandra, Redis, or big data principles a big plus!
Benefits & Perks