Database Administrator (SQL DBA)
A large media brand corporation is currently seeking a Database Administrator to fill an immediate need. We hire smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to our fast paced, dynamic team. Successful members of our team are not only passionate about creating reliable and robust systems, but are also committed to collaboration through effective communication, continuous process enhancement and shared support.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for overall management of Mediabrands’ data assets in a variety of platforms. They will possess a deep knowledge of data management, administration, process automation, best practices and data architecture. This role calls for someone with a strong SQL Server background. The database administrator will also be called upon to provide input and learn about other data platforms as our data ecosystem evolves.
- Database creation, maintenance and administration functions for SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL and Redshift database environments hosted within Amazon Web Services
- Monitor database systems for general health and performance and proactively address issues
- Implement and test database backup and recovery procedures
- Proactively analyze system performance, recommend and implement solutions for improvement
- Provide technical support for production database environments
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop database requirements and recommend best practices
- Build and maintain solutions for high availability and disaster recovery discussions
- Participate in the evaluation of new tools and technologies to support growing business needs
- Assist in designing and implementing the next generation data platform
- Establish and implement database security and access control policies
- 5+ years’ experience administering production SQL Server database environments
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- The following experience is highly desirable:
- Business Intelligence facets of the SQL Server stack e.g. Integration Services, Analysis, Reporting Services (2005, 2008 and 2012)
- PowerShell/Bash/Python/Perl or equivalent shell scripting.
- AWS Redshift data warehouse administration
- Amazon Web Services data stack (RDS, Redshift, S3)
- Microsoft clustering, SAN technology and virtualization
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively in a small, multi-disciplined, fast-paced team environment
- The ability to consistently deliver solid, successful solutions in short development cycles
- Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent, and with ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- Strong desire to learn new things and pass knowledge acquired onto others
- Able to manage own hours and work with a remote team environment
- Proficient in English as a first language – both verbal & written.