A growing software education company in downtown Chicago is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer as they grow the entire engineering department. You will be helping build the new AWS infrastructure and implement Kubernetes in the environment. This will be a role focused on automation and putting new tooling in place to make the infrastructure more efficient. There is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company as they continue to grow.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Linux administration
- 1-2 years of AWS or related cloud experience in a production environment
- Advanced programming experience with Ruby, Python and/or related languages
- Experience with Elasticsearch or related monitoring tools
- Kubernetes or Docker experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Apache Mesos or Docker Swarm
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Red Hat Linux, 100% AWS
- 100% hands on – 50% operations and infrastructure build out, 50% automation
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170,000
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.