Principal Software Engineer
Our client, a fast growing startup that is located in the Loop around the corner from the Lyric Opera of Chicago, offers cloud-based software for records/case management, eCitation, digital evidence management, city court/adjudication, real-time data analytics, payment processing, and more.
As a Principal Engineer, you will have a high level of self-determination and be able to showcase both software engineering and leadership skills in a team-oriented, collaborative technology culture focused environment by not only leading a team of six engineers, but doing hands on work as well.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in .NET Development.
- Experience mentoring a team.
- Well-versed with C# or C++.
- Proficient knowledge with WinForms or WPF, MVVM, SOAP/REST, SQL Server/MySQL.
- Experience building Windows desktop applications in WinForms or WPF.
- Solid in design principles.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working in a trading environment.
- Education from a Big 10 institution.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Capability of wearing multiple hats at once.
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Hands On vs. 50% Managerial
- C# or C++
- Lead team of six software developers.
- Team collaboration.
- Creating and maintaining desktop applications.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180k/year, DOE
- End-of-year Bonus
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.