Network Security Engineer / Contract
A University in Philadelphia is looking for a Network Security Engineer to assist in Network Security hardening project. Ideally, they are looking for someone with over 5 years’ experience with Firewalls including; Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, or Checkpoint. The role will be working with the Network Security Infrastructure Architect to dissect and pinpoint gaps in the Network Infrastructure. Any experience with Network monitoring tools like Nagios is a plus. The position will take touch on all different aspects of their Infrastructure which services multiple locations and a variety of end users.
The company offers extensive health benefits including dental and vision as well as a 401(k)-matching program and option HSA program. The company has an extensive history in Philadelphia and is constantly expanding, they absorbed another local University and is growing year over year.
Required Skills & Experience
- Over 5 years’ experience installing and configuring Firewalls
- Current knowledge of Routing and Switching
- Network Monitoring Tools / Nagios
- Extensive understanding of VPNs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Network Security Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of Server Infrastructure
- Network Protocol Understanding / EIRGP and MPLS
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Firewall Installs and Configurations
- 20% Network Monitoring
- 70% Project Based Work
- 15% Hands On
- 15% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $45/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12 – 24 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.