Senior or Lead Software Engineer - 30 Million Downloads
A very successful established company is looking to grow their Cambridge engineering department. The team has some very impressive members, including one of the main contributors to Scala.
This app has been downloaded over 30 million times and named the #1 Travel App in 9 countries. They use Machine Learning to analyze hundreds of thousands of flights to predict the best time to fly and buy.
They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer or potentially Lead Software Engineer to expand their platform that encompasses a variety of technologies including Java, Python, Scala, and mobile development.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert level knowledge of developing SaaS products and consumer-facing applications
- Java 8 or newer
- SpringMVC and SpringBoot
- MySQL, PostGres, or similar relational databases
- REST APIs – building and consuming
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- STRONG communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Python, Scala, Kotlin, Swift, or other open source programming languages
- AWS or other public cloud experience
- NoSQL familiarity
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Middle-tier web services
- 30% Backend
- 20% UI
- 60% Hands On
- 20% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
- Annual Bonus: Up to 15%
You will receive the following benefits:
- Flexible work schedule
- Occasional work from home options
- Travel perks and exclusive club memberships
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.