A software company located in Reston that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to solve real world problems is looking to bring on a Senior Scala Engineer. They have created their own operating system that helps with data analytics and algorithms that make decisions much easier. Most of the development will be done using tools like Kafka, Akka and Spark so previous experience with Big Data is ideal. This candidate should have professional experience in an agile environment, who’s primary programming language is Scala.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience on full-stack software development teams
- Experience with responsive web applications
- Expert knowledge of Scala
- Experience with tools including Scala.js, Grunt, Bower, Liftweb
- Advanced mathematical modeling skills
- Experience with Akka, Akka HTTP, and Spark
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Scala development
- 100% Hands on
- Reporting to the Backend Engineering Manager
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Incentive stock options
- A full range of health, dental and vision benefits starting day one
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)”
- 10+ paid holiday days per year
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.