Principal Software Engineer (Spark)
Automated A/B testing software company in downtown San Francisco is building a distributed systems engineering team that will build the Core Data Platform. This platform powers their core product suite. It’s built with Java, Scala, Hadoop, and Spark.
It’s highly-scalable, fault-tolerant cloud-based systems, so you'd gain great experience working on a tech platform. You'd also get to work on platform that is used by other technologists like yourself!
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in Java, Python, or Scala
- Proficient in Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience building highly-scalable, fault-tolerant applications
- Passion for date!
- Ability to work well in collaborative team environments and autonomously with independent projects
- Experienced in architecture, design, and implementation of ETL pipelines
- Strong communication, ability to interface with clients (data source)
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years of professional development experience
- Knowledge of Apache Spark, Flink, and streaming technologies
- Samza experience
- 30% architecture and design of ETL pipelines
- 30% hands-on implementation
- 30% team collaboration, technical leadership, code review, best practices, etc.
- 10% managerial responsibilities
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
- Downtown San Francisco location in SoMa
- Spacious, renovated warehouse-style HQ with five levels, an excess of conference rooms, individual working areas, multiple cafeterias, social meeting places, catered lunches, lounges, nap rooms, showers, etc.
- Benefits include 401k, equity in pre-IPO startup, competitive paid time-off package, and similar
- Ability to learn modern technologies and build a product used by your peers in engineering!