Server Side Senior Software Engineer | $125k+ | Downtown Dallas |
Do you desire to have hands on experience with a large scale, big data, processing platform? This company is looking for a Software Engineer to be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of their software applications that support their products. For this position, you will work with dynamic applications that process extremely large data sets. You will require experience with REST frameworks, while also utilizing Python and a strong understanding of object-oriented development techniques.
This company’s collective environment and expanding team have intentions to build an infrastructure that maps and monitors the multitude of tangible and intangible business drivers that move and influence companies and markets. They map the digital ecosystem to recognize insights in everyday conversation.
If you’re an aspiring Software Engineer that wants to be a part of this growing team, send your resume in today!
Benefits and pay are above market value!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-plus years of software engineering in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience delivering REST frameworks to both third party developers, as well as internal UI engineers
- Extensive knowledge of relational database design, normalization tradeoffs, partitioning strategies and indexing strategies
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch, including index design
- Strong familiarity with Python and Ruby
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development techniques
- Experience with GIT or another source code repository
- Experience with AWS, including Amazon S3 and SQS
- Ability to make design considerations for applications at scale
- Ability to develop test suites along with readable, clearly commented, application code
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with dynamic applications that process extremely large data sets
- Develop and support REST APIs, as well as backend processing applications
- Interact with a wide range of people, from other engineers and data scientists to non-technical personnel, to gain understanding and help solve problems
- Produce code that is easy to read, with comments, and tests that can easily be understood by new team members
- Be willing to learn new technologies and help keep up to date with tools and libraries that can be of use
- Participate in design sessions as well as code reviews
- Be a part of participating in roadmap discussions, and provide input to those outside of UI engineering where applicable
- Team player who is willing to work with internal and cross functional teams.
- Collaborative environment
- Full Time Contract
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k (5% match)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.