Senior Ruby on Rails Developer | 5+ Y.O.E |Dallas | $120k+
This company is a highly configurable asset tracking and management platform that makes it easy for your entire organization to work smarter.
They are looking for a candidate who is passionate about developing and finding complex systems to work on.
If you encourage the idea of being able to work across all layers of the stack but are just as happy refactoring a model. You will be responsible for new product feature development and existing feature enhancements within this companies’ application as well as work with the current development team to help support customer base and with technical issues.
Benefits and pay are above market value.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 or more years of continual experience with Ruby projects with at least one project running in production
- Strong comprehension of MVC framework, OOP, and RESTful design patterns
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of jQuery and CSS
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases. MySQL and MongoDB preferred.
- Comfortable with TDD, BDD, and Unit Testing
- Able to debug processes within the Rails Console
- Have written and consumed APIs
- Familiar with New Relic reporting
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent related work
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams preferred
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Must be comfortable working in both a team environment as well as solo
- AWS and Ubuntu Experience a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate as a member of our development team to improve SaaS offering
- Work directly with support and operation teams to quickly resolve issues as they are reported
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- API integrations with other systems
- Architect and implement solutions from defined specs
- Work directly with customers on an as needed basis to resolve issues
- Assist in technical documentation as needed
Architecture & Design: 10%
Front End: 20%
- Collaborative environment
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k (5% match)
- Lucrative remote options
- Direct Hire $120k+
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.