Senior UI Engineer
An identity verification product shop is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to build highly scalable and interactive customer facing web applications that incorporate the best user experience patterns and technologies available. This position can pay up to $140K, DOE.
This position requires the ability to quickly translate new designs into functioning web application features as part of our agile, iterative development process. In addition to defining the architectural strategy for front-end technologies you will also be responsible for evangelizing that technology across their team of Ruby on Rails engineers, UX and Graphic Designers in order to support multiple products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software engineering, be innovative and possess strong analytical and communication skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Exposure to Ruby on Rails on the back end
- Experience with modern frameworks and tools such as SCSS, Bootstrap, etc.
- In-depth understanding of the principles of web accessibility and user-centered design/development
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for data driven UI components
- Adept with VMs and possess extensive cross-browser and cross-device development experience
- Strong understanding of source control with Git and Github
- Familiarity with page speed and optimization techniques
- Proven front-end web development experience – we will need to see links to your work!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Basic Photoshop / Graphics production skills
- Linux or OSX command line knowledge
- Large-scale web application architecture experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Front End Developer
- 10% Ruby on Rails
- 100% Hands On
- 100% New Development
- 100% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA) – paid up to 75% for family and individual
- 401(k) with company match
- 15 days Paid Time Off
- 11 paid company holidays
- Open floor plans with games, bean bags, foos ball, etc.
- Catered lunches 2 times a week
- Stock packages
- Weekly happy hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.