Full-time opportunity located in Irvine, CA.
This client is a tech company that provides information about the trends and behavior of purchasing consumers for companies like Nike.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will collaborate to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers who demonstrate superb technical competency, converting physical infrastructure to infrastructure as code, delivering mission critical resources and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalentand demonstrated continuous education through active participation in user groups, conferences, open source contribution and/or eLearning
- Six to ten years of related experience
- Platforms: Linux, BSD, Mac, Windows
- Cloud: Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
- Disk Storage: SAN (e. g. Compellent), NAS (e. g. FreeNAS), RAID
- Low Level File Systems: ext3/4, zfs, btrfs, NTFS, hfs+/apfs
- Networking: TCP/IP, Packet Analysis, Load Balancing, Switch/Router Configuration, IP addressing and routing
- Languages: Python, Shell, SQL
- Configuration Management Tools (at least 1): Ansible, Puppet, Juju, Chef
- Containerization: Helm & Kubernetes, Docker or LXC
- Data Platforms: Microsoft SQL Server (2012-2016), PostgreSQL (9. x), MySQL or MariaDB, MongoDB
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Disk Storage: HDFS, Ceph, GlusterFS
- DevOps: AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Jenkins, oVirt, Proxmox
- Data Platforms: ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark, Zookeeper, Yarn, Kafka)
- Education and Certifications: CCNA, RHCE, AWS Certifications, Google Cloud Certification, Dell Certification (server, storage, networking)
What You Will Be Doing
- Install, deploy, configure, test, monitor, patch, troubleshoot, and maintain systems resources and services for IT infrastructure built on Linux and Windows technologies
- Address low-level server, network and performance issues
- Assist engineering teams in troubleshooting and rectifying application tier issues
- Plan services maturation to meet reliability, maintainability, agility, scalability, security and capacity requirements
- Automate processes for repeatability and reliability
- Manage successful, secure replication, backup and archival of system data
- Implement and enforce security policies and procedures
- Modernize deployment pipelines for private cloud resources and workloads
- Expand and refine systems monitoring and response to meet SLAs
- Ability to specify, price and propose technology expenditures according to prioritized needs
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.