Data Engineer (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
An established, well-known consulting firm located Downtown Chicago is looking for a Data Engineer to add to the team. The Data Engineer will have the opportunity to work with Fortune 1000 companies in the healthcare space. This is a great opportunity to use the most modern technologies for the job, including AWS Redshift, Athena, Glue, a Serverless Data Lake, Hadoop, and more. There will also be the unique advantage of travel!
If technology, healthcare, and travel are three things you’re passionate about, join one of the top performing and Data-Centric consulting firms in the United States!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Ability and willingness to grasp new technologies
- Big Data experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, etc.
- Experience using streaming tools like Spark or Kafka
- Experience coding with Python and/or Java
Desired Skills & Experience
- Nonrelational Database experience is a big plus (Cassandra, Mongo, H-Base)
- Experience with a Serverless Data Lake
- Experience with Healthcare Analytics is preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Big Data
- 100% Hands On
- 100% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.