Our client is looking to build out their API development team by hiring several senior Ruby on Rails or Node engineers to help grow their API. The company started as a ticketing systems service for individual brokers, but they have recently changed their motive to be more software focused. Now they are aiming to build THE ticketing API to be used by brokers around the world. Their goal is to create a digital asset exchange for tickets to reduce usage of third parties and lower fee prices.
This position will mostly be focused on building out their platform and API, but it is critical that you are able to provide input in team decision making. Their Head of Engineering is very supportive of an open environment where all employees will contribute, and he has built out teams at other major startups (including Shutterstock). He is excellent at developing the staff around him, and even has a second job as a career mentor.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experienced Ruby on Rails or Node Developer
- Previous work with API development standards
- Proficient with test frameworks
- Understanding of how web applications work end-to-end
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous startup experience
- Previous work in an Agile environment
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Back End Development (mostly focused on API, but some on web applications)
- Competitive pay: Around 180k annually DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave