Sr. Systems Engineer (Heavy VMWare)
A global leader in marketing communications, which provides brand and advertising services to over 5000 clients in over 100 countries is looking to add some talent to their Dallas Infrastructure team. They help some of the world's most iconic and successful brands with a diverse and comprehensive range of marketing solutions.
The company is looking to bring on a Sr Systems Engineer who will be responsible for administering and managing the VMWare Systems and Cloud based storage. This candidate will operate in a multi-tenant, multi-datacenter environment that includes 300+ companies, 4 global datacenters, Azure, AWS, and GCP.
In cooperation with other teams internally, this candidate will deliver the highest level of technical expertise in server and network management to meet the customers' established expectations. As part of the companies engineering staff, he/she will work across multiple teams to define architecture, tech requirements, policies and standards.
Required Skills & Experience
- Architect, implement, and support 200+ ESX systems across geographically dispersed datacenters
- Support hyperconverged infrastructure
- Assist with security for a multi-tenant private cloud environment
- Implement an automated VM lifecycle process
- Develop and implement enterprise disaster recovery plans using replication tools, such as Veeam
- Automate processes using PowerShell, PowerCLI, Orchestrator, vbScript and other tools
- Maintain and administer virtual infrastructure for 3000 VM's
- VMware vSphere 5.x, 6.x
- Private Cloud automation and self-provisioning with vRealize Automation Center
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Engineering
- 10% Administrative
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.