Senior Data Engineer
A bio-medical company in Redwood City is looking for Software Engineers with a strong background developing highly scalable cloud integration platforms. Their platform is used by labs and hospitals to monitor and keep track of their IoT and connected devices as well as storing all the data from these devices.
You will be a vital part of the process, owning pieces of their Big Data platform and bringing new design and implementation proposals to the table. You should feel comfortable working as part of a team, handling projects involving huge sets of data. The ideal candidate for this position has a experience using Scala, Spark, and Hadoop. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, yet fun and friendly environment, then you need to apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of professional experience as a Big Data Engineer.
- Background in developing highly scalable platforms.
- Experience with Spark, Scala, and Hadoop.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a relevant field.
- Candidates must be local.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Development experience with Python
- Backgorund in IoT or connected devices
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Big Data
- 70% Implementation
- 20% Design
- 10% Architecture
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
- Bi-Annual Bonus structure
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits
- 401(K) Matching
- Unlimited PTO and Vacation Time
- Flexible work hours
- Free Breakfast and Catered Lunches
- Commuter Benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.