QA Test Automation Engineer
The Senior QA Test Automation Engineer will participate in development and maintenance of automated test frameworks covering functional, integration, and performance testing for all software products that comprise the integrated identity management system. Candidate will provide detailed automated and manual test case development, software testing, verification, and certification of deliverable across the systems development and implementation lifecycle. This person will contribute to quality assurance activities of assigned projects and ensure that the software meets required standards prior to production release. This person will also mentor less senior staff members, and may be called upon to lead small projects. They are also expected to recommend and assist in implementation of overall QA process improvements covering manual and automated testing technique and best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare test case definitions including input artifacts, detailed test steps and expected results in the QA test management repository as the definition of the automated test.
• Determine automated test case efficacy for coverage of functional requirements and technical design.
• Determine level of effort estimates for test planning purposes.
• Prepare detailed functional test plans utilizing functional requirements and technical design documentation and applied test strategies.
• Test execution in accordance with the test plans and schedules utilizing the automated testing framework.
• Verify automated test results based on defined test cases with retention of all QA test artifacts and results in the QA test management system.
• Preparing load and performance test scripts that drive the applications under test to a predetermined threshold of volume and activity.
• Review project requirements and design documentation as a basis for:
o Understanding business and application functionality and features in order to determine the appropriate test cases required for test coverage.
o Preparation of detailed testing plans and documentation including required testing for new functionality and assessment of regression testing requirements.
o Test case definitions that validate all inputs and outputs of a particular process under test including web service calls, file processing, database updates and logging functions.
o Test coverage definition and mapping of test cases to requirements.
o Test data creation for all aspects of testing.
• Develop and maintain of both manual and automated test scripts covering:
o An automation framework adequate for driving the services under test through all of the identified test cases using the required test data.
o Automated generation of test data adequate for both functional and for performance testing as indicated in the test plan and strategy.
o Evaluation and retention of test artifacts that cover the planned tests in the QA test management system including the capture of database updates, file processing and parsing appropriate trace evidence from service logs.
o Building SQL queries to populate and establish the test bed required to complete functional and performance testing.
o Automated test scripts as needed.
• Track and communicate testing status including:
o Defect identification with supporting trace evidence.
o Test tracking including percentage completed.
o Failure rate and blocked test identification.
o Issues and risks.
• Collaborate with the advanced development group, OEM engineering, innovations center, supply chain, streaming services and products, supply chain, business intelligence and subscriber management system, and enterprise systems bus teams for test design, execution, and deployment coordination as needed to produce end to end integrated test execution driven by automation framework with accurate test result reporting.
• Interface with RM and EM operations teams as assigned regarding new software releases, training, and trouble-shooting test execution, validation or deployment problems.
• Own and resolve verification issues encountered in testing.
• Proactively determine and communicate technical issues and suggest solutions.
• Design and develop test strategies.
• Design and develop detailed test cases.
• Test data development.
• Perform defect identification.
• Track and communicate testing efforts. Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
• Model, design, code, and execute custom test software against defined test cases.
• Work with development personnel in the development, execution, and results of tests.
• Proactively determine technical issues and solutions.
• Manage issues encountered in testing.
• Provide mentorship to less senior staff members.
• Provide leadership for small projects.
• Recommend QA process improvements and assist in implementation.
• There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, information systems or computer science.
• 8+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance in a software engineering or application development discipline utilizing a team approach.
• 5+ years of experience designing, developing and testing automation framework and scripts covering all aspects of test planning, scripting, and validation against SOA services, access login and transaction processing systems.
• 5+ years of experience developing load and performance testing scripts in a common language and working with internal and external organizations for the preparation and completion of planned load tests.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
• Ability to quickly learn new applications.
• Good public speaking and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
• Creative writing ability.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Selenium or other common automation programming skills for test data preparation, navigation of data entry screens and statistical output for results reporting.
• Groovy scripting under SOAPUI for web service test automation and scenario execution.
• Strong comprehension of LDAP database concepts.
• Strong comprehension of software development life cycle and configuration management using agile methodology techniques.
• Comprehension of object-oriented programming.
• Comprehension of RESTful web services, SOA.
• Macro programming skills, pivot table and advanced formulas with Excel.
• Comprehension of public key cryptography and encryption algorithms a plus.
• Multi-platform experience (Windows / Unix).
• DBMS: Knowledge of SQL server and oracle and strong understanding of relational database concepts.
• Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, HPQC.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Prior software development experience is a plus.
• Experience with all aspects of SDLC management, with expertise in the automated testing and release management stages.
• Experience working with web application servers.
• Good understanding of CMM processes and procedures.
• Proven track record in developing high-quality test cases and automation scripts.
• Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design.
• Experience with high-volume, high-availability applications.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.