Database Administrator, Hadoop
A three month contract with potential for extension or conversion for a Senior Hadoop Engineer/DBA in the IT Operations department of a media company! In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Hadoop cluster environments on the operations side, from design to implementation to ongoing support
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in CS
- 10+ of work experience in IT
- 7+ years of experience in maintaining, optimization, and issue resolution of Hadoop clusters supporting business users and Batch
- 5+ years of experience in supporting a high-performance, cross-functional 24/7 IT Data Operations team in multiple locations and time zones
- 4+ years of programming experience in Java, Scala
- Hands-on experience in Cloudera Distribution 5.x
- Experience building Data Pipelines with Sqoop, Hive, MR, Spark, Spark SQL
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.