Site Reliability Engineer - Linux
An AI analytics software company based in California has recently opened a new office in Plano (TX) and is looking for two Linux Site Reliability Engineers.
This is a PostgreSQL environment, thus experience managing this or other databases is must, as the company’s focus is in data analytics. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a distributed system environment, as a big project may be helping the team scale horizontally. Python or other scripting language knowledge is also needed, as you will be writing scripts for automation and debugging systems. Another responsibility includes troubleshooting some server hardware as well.
This is a new and fairly small environment as of now, so this company is looking for someone that is able to take initiative in building out their infrastructure. If you have what it takes, apply now!
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years in a Linux-based environment
- PostgreSQL or other database
- Scripting (Python preferred, Bash)
- Experience in a distributed systems environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Automation of operational server tasks/software deployments
- AWS (EC2, S3, Cloudformation)
- Experience in eCommerce
What you will be doing:
- 100% site-reliability engineering
- 100% hands-on
- Competitive salary: up to $100,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.