Linux Support Technician
A Junior Linux Administrator is needed by a software product company in Dallas! The company is a well-known security/encryption organization that needs to hire someone for their system/infrastructure support team.
This person should have at least 1 year of experience with the Linux command line (desktop support experience is helpful as well but cannot be substituted). Candidates should be able to name a few DNS records as well, and working knowledge of networking is helpful as well. This person should also be familiar with TCP/IP protocols and services and basic firewall management.
This is a fast-paced environment that will require a lot of interpersonal interaction (both internal and external clients). If interested, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- Over 1 year of experience supporting the Linux/Unix command line
- Basic networking knowledge (firewalls, routers, switches, ports)
- Strong communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience working in a support position (combined internal/external support)
- Good knowledge of network devices and network troubleshooting experience (routers, switches, firewalls)
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% System support
- 20% Client interaction
- 90% hands-on
- 10% team work
- Competitive Salary: Up to $75,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.