Senior Java Engineer (Contract) - Health Tracking System Used by Millions
This technology company owns about 20% of the wearable technology market – good enough for 25 million daily active users and everyday name recognition. With a recent 25% jump in their stock prices, they are looking to bring on a Senior Backend Engineer to help develop new features for their core product. This platform provides analytics and tracking for various health metrics, measured from this wearable device.
The tech stack is Java based, including Java 8, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, and various “big data” tools.
You will be required to work on-site about 40 hours/week.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Java 1.8+ is preferred
- Spring Data and Spring Boot a plus
- REST API’s
- Must be able to work onsite 40 hours/week in DT Boston
Desired Skills & Experience
- Java in a mircoservices architecture
- Cassandra or other NoSQL databases a plus
- Big Data tools like Kafka, Prometheus, and Zookeeper a plus
- Public cloud experience – AWS, GCP, or Azure a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Java middle-tier services
- 20% backend databases
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12 – 18 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.