Junior UI/UX Designer/ Concept Design/ Design Development/ Mountain View
This home insurance startup is simplifying the process lengthy and complicated world of home insurance. They are changing the way we go about getting a quote or filing a claim. They offer an intuitive and proactive approach. With several millions in funding, this rapidly growing startup is dedicated to meeting modern customer needs and prevent disasters rather than just responding to them.
As a Product Designer, you will leverage your experience to tackle design challenges across the board. Understanding our users and the Insurance industry limitations is core to our process, and we prioritize user testing and feedback with customers and stakeholders throughout the design process. Our client is looking for a designer who cares about solving problems for users in close partnership with their engineering team.
The designer will be involved in concept design, design development, and documentation, working closely with all project team members. Designers are required to interpret design directions. As a member of the design and creative team we expect candidates to demonstrate strong design skills and the ability to express their ideas in a variety of media including hand sketches, low and high level prototypes and be closely involved in the preparation of implementation documents, through material research and detail documentation.
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the interplay between design and engineering, technical collaboration, and delivery of final designs for mobile and web. Candidates should be curious, open-minded and ego-free. You have a growth mindset and thrive on continuous learning.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years professional design experience in the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UI and visual design
- experience collaborating with designers, PMs, engineers, and cross-functionally partnering with teams across the company
- Ability to solve problems and design elegant solutions at a systems level
- Clear communicator of design work and of rationale behind it that is backed up with user research or data
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling and detailed interaction design
- Experience designing for the web (e-commerce, email, online branding)
- Excellent concepting and problem solving skills, presenting multiple solutions per project
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, and Principle.
- Deep understanding and/or hands-on experience with user-interface design including interaction and visual
- Empathetic and inquisitive nature with a burning desire to solve problems ranging from big picture strategy to the fine details
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Ability to present work and take critical feedback
- Illustration, Photography, videography, coding are all pluses
What You Will Be Doing:
Provide on brand, award-winning visuals for ecommerce websites, digital ad campaigns, mobile projects, social media, emails and presentations, applying best practices and strong design principles.
Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging
Produce deliverables for every stage of the design process: wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect visual assets for web and mobile.
Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences to Help build, develop and maintain a set of best practices and operational guidelines to reduce and minimize production efforts.
Contribute to a creative, supportive culture for the entire Product team.
Collaborate with the creative, marketing and product teams, and stakeholders on requirements. Work with partners on all phases of the project, from translating ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to ensuring implementation of approved designs. Provide all required specifications.
Oversee designs developed by external partners, including but not limited to email, social media, web, mobile, etc. ensuring all materials are on-brand and meet established visual standards.
Manage multiple projects in fast paced environment.
Assist Senior Designers and product team when necessary
- Competitive salary of up to $140K/ year; DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.