Python Engineer (Contract)
One of the largest IT services providers on the planet is looking for a Python engineer with a background in distributed systems and micro services architecture. They are looking to expand their agile team in San Jose with a contractor, they have a variety of active projects building a new orchestration platform, to enable application engineers, business architects, and end-users to understand and interact with AI powered IoT devices. This position is slated for a year, after which you will be given the opportunity to transition into a full-time role.
Since most of the platform's core stack is written in Java and Python, they need someone strong with a strong background in Python but experience with Java is also desirable The tech is open-stack, including Django, Pyramid, Flask, or CherryPy; database is mongoDB, and Cassandra; and the platform will be deployed on AWS. If you are interested in this position please apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Strong experience with Python
- Experience with Django, Flask, CherryPy, or Pyramid
- Experience with MongoDB, and Cassandra
- Experience working on cloud applications deployed on AWS
- Candidates must be local
Desired Skills & Experience
- Collaborative and highly motivated attitude
- Experience building cloud platforms from scratch
- Development experience with Java
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Backend
- 20% Middleware
- 90% Hands On
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $85/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12 Months
- Possibility of extension or conversion to full-time
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.