Head of UI/UX Design
A start-up in Mt. View is driving a paradigm shift in the auto industry by removing the obstacles and frustrations of car repair through sending mobile mechanics right to you. This is allowing repairs to be less expensive, more convenient and fully transparent. The company is also funded by SoftBank Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Ashton Kutcher, Data Point Capital, and others.
They are currently looking for a Head of UI/UX Design who will serve as a cross-functional team member; working on workflows, designs, testing, and prototyping. You will also be a champion for the ideal customer experience at all levels of decision-making from strategy to execution. You will be joining a talented team of designers, engineers, and product managers to design everything from mobile, desktop and web applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Design, or a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in design
- 5+ years of experience in usability and/or a design related field
- Experienced in web, mobile and app design.
- Knowledge of front end coding is desirable
- Proficiency in visual design and print design preferred
- Proficiency with Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must have an online portfolio with examples of user workflows, design mockups, and documentation reflecting the design thinking used to solve specific customer or business problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop innovative user interface designs in response to marketing requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
- Develop conceptual models, personas, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
- Assist product management in authoring product requirements documents.
- Present and explain complex concepts, designs and interaction models to a variety of audiences.
- Contribute to the global design patterns project - conceive and implement interface standards and guidelines
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
- Provide mentoring and education on user experience, as needed.
- Provide direction for other product designers while evangelizing usability, simplicity and high quality design.
- Offer support and advice to stakeholders on prioritization and product strategy.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience field.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.