Senior Front-end Engineer
Are you looking for a role where you will be making an impact at a growing organization but also impacting individuals lives every day? Then do I have the role for you. A growing start up located in downtown Chicago is in search of a senior front end engineer. The platform you would be working on is designed to help students with some of the toughest decisions they will face in the early stages of their careers. From picking a college, allocating money to loans, and applying for scholarships let this platform take the load off and give you personalized recommendations that suite your personality and career goals. They do all their front-end development in React with java on the back-end.
They offer outstanding benefits and understand a good work life balance is important. They also know how to have fun, with various events and competitions throughout the year they aim to have a collaborative office culture. Life can be tough so they offer flex hours if you like to come in a little later or if you need to stay home for an appointment. Employees are also given plenty of PTO that grows the longer you are there. Finally, imagine every day is casual Friday and a matching 401k, yes that is free money to prepare you for retirement.
Required Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with automation tools such as webpack, npm, Grunt, etc.
- Familiarity with UI test frameworks such as Jasmine, JEST, Mocha, etc.
- Knowledge of modern web concepts, UX design, and usability
- Professional experience building responsive cross browser UI’s
- Ability to work with a great deal of autonomy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with back-end coding concepts
- Familiarity with Java and related frameworks (Spring, Lombok, etc)
- Experience with relational databases such as (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
What You Will Be Doing
- 95% Front-end
- 5% Back-end
- 80% Coding
- 20% Architecture
- Research, design, and develop innovative features
- Collaborate with design and product teams throughout design sprints and implementation
- Build efficient, scalable, re-usable front-end systems
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Research and implement front-end technologies
- Competitive Salary: 70-90k
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) W/ Match
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Flex hours
- Casual Everyday
- Social environment with tons of events and competitions year round
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.